So my bestie and I are pushing each other in this reading challenge. Let me give you a little back story. Bestie and I have been book nerds/besties since high school. We meet constantly for coffee and end up talking about the books we read, are reading, or want to read. We give each other books for birthdays and Christmas. SO TRUE. We are addicted and fully enable each others problem…lol I guess it isn’t a bad problem to have.
This is the breakdown of the challenge…
Here is what I have decided so far…
- a book you chose because of the cover – Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- a book you’ve previously started but never finished – A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
- a book by an author you already love – King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- a book that everyone is raving about – A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- a book recommend by your partner or a friend (bestie) – Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- a book to ‘expand your horizons’ – ???
- a book considered ‘a classic’ – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- a book published in 2017 -???
- a book by an author you’ve never read – ???
- a book you’ve been meaning to read – Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- a book set in a city you want to travel to – ???
- a book that has been turned into a movie – The Shack by William P. Young
I usually don’t care for this way of reading. It always feels forced. I am a person who brings my kiddos to the library and the whole time they are playing, I am browsing the shelves for something to jump out at me…a book title or an amazing cover art.
So we shall see how it goes. I will write up brief reviews on the books as they are read. 🙂