This was the list I had come up with so far:
- a book you chose because of the cover – Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- a book you’ve previously started but never finished – A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
- a book by an author you already love – King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
a book that everyone is raving about – A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- a book recommend by your partner or a friend (bestie) – Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- a book to ‘expand your horizons’ – The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- a book considered ‘a classic’ – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- a book published in 2017 -A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah Maas
- a book by an author you’ve never read – The Sun is also a Star by Nicole Yoon
- a book you’ve been meaning to read – Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- a book set in a city you want to travel to – Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey
- a book that has been turned into a movie – The Shack by William P. Young
UPDATE: #4 DONE!!!
A Dog’s Purpose was phenomenal. As a person that always had a dog for a pet, this book spoke to me on so many levels. It was funny, heartwarming, and utterly gut wrenching, all wrapped up into one book. It’s a compelling story to think dogs have a purpose just like humans. It brought back so many wonderful memories from my child of our family dogs when they were my play buddy, snuggle buddy and “pillow” to cry on.
PS – I am not a huge “reviewer”. I enjoy books for that purpose…being entertained.