My completed list:
- a book you chose because of the cover – Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- a book you’ve previously started but never finished – A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
a book by an author you already love – King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard a book that everyone is raving about – A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- a book recommend by your partner or a friend (bestie) – Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- a book to ‘expand your horizons’ – The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- a book considered ‘a classic’ – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- a book published in 2017 -A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah Maas (May 2, 2017)
a book by an author you’ve never read – The Sun is also a Star by Nicole Yoon
- a book you’ve been meaning to read – Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
a book set in a city you want to travel to – Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey
- a book that has been turned into a movie – The Shack by William P. Young
#11 – Paris Time Capsule – check
I was pleasantly surprised by this book.
If I ever received a package with a Parisan apartment key I would pass out. Then only to discover this apartment is a perfect time capsule of an era gone by (like 70+ years)…there would be no words. I was enraptured by this story. The journey Cat took to find the truth about this apartment and the fascinating women who lived in it. Their connection to one another and to her was breathtaking. There was excitement, romance, heartbreak, self-discovery and so much more. Only to discover myself in theAfterword that their was some truth to story parts and characters. Marthe de Florian (the original apartment owner in the story) was real as well as the apartment. WOW…trully amazing. Here are the “real life” pictures of the time capsuled apartment.
Now the great debate…WHAT TO READ NEXT?!?!?!?!
Everything, Everything by Nicole Yoon or The Woman win Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
Why is the decision on your next book to read so hard?! Grrrrrr.