My completed list:
- a book you chose because of the cover – Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- a book you’ve previously started but never finished – A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
a book by an author you already love – King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard a book that everyone is raving about – A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- a book recommend by your partner or a friend (bestie) – Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- a book to ‘expand your horizons’ – The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- a book considered ‘a classic’ – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- a book published in 2017 -A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah Maas (May 2, 2017)
a book by an author you’ve never read – The Sun is also a Star by Nicole Yoon
- a book you’ve been meaning to read – Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
a book set in a city you want to travel to – Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey a book that has been turned into a movie – The Shack by William P. Young
#12 DONE…and what an incredible read.
The Shack by William P. Young was the most profound fiction novel I have ever read. At times I was so consumed that I forgot I was reading fiction. It almost felt like I was watching these interactions with GOD through my window….like I was an arm’s reach away. The banter between Mack and the Holy Trinity was hilarious and strange to think they could be so relatable. I fear to say more and ruin the read for you….GO READ IT FOR YOURSELF!!!
*With 5 of the 12 books read already and its only March, I think I will pause on the challenge books for the rest of the month. I have Rhinoceros Success by Scott Alexander to read for my Young Living business group then I am dying to start The Girl in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. It will be my first attempt at reading mystery/suspense.