The average person puts 100-500 different chemicals on their skin every day. Why is it so important to put good products on your skin.
- Skin is like a sponge.
- It absorbs about 60% of all things you put on it, whether its good or bad
HOLY MOLY…My head just did that weird 360 from Bettlejuice!
One of the first things I did when I started using essential oils was chunk my old skin care crap to make more natural options. Here are the recipes I have fallen in love with and still use today.
- Undereye Roller
WASH – Orange Blossom Face Wash
- Foaming Hand pump, 2.0 oz.
- .5 ounce Orange Blossom
- 1.5 ounces distilled water
Why mess with a good thing…YL has a wash.
YL also has minty, uplifting scrub that is just fabulous.
TONER – Sunrise Rose Spray
- Glass bottle with atomizer, 2.0 oz
- 1oz. Rose infused Witch Hazel
- 1oz. Rose Hydrosol
- 5-6 drops of assorted EO’s (I use Geranium and Frankincense in mine)
It feels like walking through a garden on a spring morning.
SERUM – Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Glass bottle with wither dropper or treatment pump, 2.0oz
- 1/8t Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- 2.0 oz cold distilled water
- 5-6 drops EO’S (Sandalwood and Helichrysum are my favs in this.)
FYI – Lightly sprinkle H.A powder over ice cold water. Cover with lid and shake vigorously. Mixture may clump. Continue to shake. Powder should dissolve within a few hours. Pout into glass bottle and add EO’s
Shrinkwrap action here. Hello baby face!
Moisturizer – Homemade and Easy
I found a great recipe at View From The Fridge so I linked it. I started with this one.
Young Living also makes a fabulous moisturizer that I have moved to. I threw the BARE Republic suncreen because its my fav and part of my daily skin routine.
- Glass bottle roller bottle 10ml
- 5 drops Lemon
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Frankincense
- Fill the rest of the roller with carrier oil (I use Sweet Almond)
*FYI – Only use at night. Lemon is photosensitive.
I’m going to need shades with all that glowing skin that about to happen!!!!