Essential oils are sprinkled throughout my blog posts. I have been getting tons of questions about the voodoo (excuse my Cajun) that is essential oils. So I figured I would make a post about why I choose this path, how I got starter and what these oils do for me and my family.
WHY I CHOOSE THIS PATH
It all started when my hubby received news from his doctor two years ago (which wasn’t that great) and we decided to look for alternate ways to support his needs.
Also my (then) six year old was still not sleeping through the night and it was driving me crazy. His mind just would not shut off the day.
I felt helpless to support my family. I am the mother and I can’t fix these issues in my house. I was feeling deflated, embarrassed and heartbroken over things I couldn’t do anything about. Or so I thought.
HOW I GOT STARTED
A friend of mine who is very conscience of leading a natural non-toxic lifestyle told me about Young Living essential oils. The teacher in me needed to do some research.
I took some time to look into the essential oil companies out there….did the pro/con thing. We decided to go with Young Living.
Young Living was the only company I found that is in complete control of the entire process: from choosing the seeds, planting, harvesting, distilling, and testing in triplicate in 15 different ways, in-house and third party.
They’re the life blood of a plant, and when these plants are grown in the right condition, harvested at the correct time, and distilled with the utmost care they can aid in keeping our bodies healthy, well and happy.
Topically // On your skin
Aromatically // In the diffuser
Internally // In a capsule or water
It all got started for me with the best starter kit ever. The Premium Starter Kit! It is packed with:
- your choice of a sweet diffuser
- 11 of the most loved oils
- a sample of Ningxia Red
- a sample of Thieves cleaner
- An exclusive handbook
- An amazing community of like-minded people seeking a healthier way of living
HOW I USE THESE OILS
- Diffuser 2 drops each of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint
- Mix 1 drop Peppermint with 4 drops of carrier oil and rub the back of your neck on a hot day
- 5 drops of Peppermint Vitality in your brownies…DONE!
- Try a drop of Lemon Vitality in a mug of warm water each morning
- Add a drop of Lemon Vitality to your favorite baked goods
- Use a drop to get crayon or stickers off around the house
- Diffuse with Thieves and Purification
- Put a drop of Copaiba Vitality with a little carrier oil on the gums. This is soothing to babies + toddlers who are starting to chomp on everything including the furniture
- magnifies other oils
- add to your Panaway and Peppermint roller to soothe sore muscles
- Rub a drop with carrier oil over your stomach after you’ve had a big meal, top with Peppermint
- Add 2 drops of Digize Vitality to an empty veggie capsule to support your digestive wellness regimen.
- Because staying healthy is awesome – Germ Kicker
- Put a drop of Thieves Vitality + 2-3 drops of Lemon Vitality on a spoonful of honey into warm water.
- Add a drop of Thieves Vitality to your Ningxia
- Diffuse 4 drops of Thieves after a full house
- Long day at gym? Carrying your toddler all day?
- Mix 2 drops of Panaway with 8 drops of carrier oil and rub on occasionally sore muscles
- For a boost, add a drop of Peppermint and Copaiba
- Add to a damp wash cloth or wool dryer ball, throw them into the dryer
- Put 3 drops on a cotton ball, put in trashcan, diaper pail, and shoes
- Add a drop of Citrus Fresh Vitality to your water
- Rub a drop of a little carrier oil on your chest before a work-out or when you need a little respiratory comfort
- Add a few drops to the floor while taking a hot shower for respiratory support
- Snuggle up for bed with 3 drops on your feet.
- Add a drop under your moisturizer for the most radiant skin of your life!
- Take a drop of Frankincense Vitality daily to support your well-being and normal cell health
- Place a drop on your forehead during yoga to center and ground yourself
- Mix 1-2 drops with a dab of coconut oil to soothe your skin
- Diffuse 3 drops before bedtime for a restful sleep
- Add 1 drop in your mascara tube for long healthy lashes
- Add 3 drops to a scoop of Epson salt for a kick-a** bath
- Add a drop to your wrist when you need to be calm
- Try a few drops in a scoop of Epson salt and soak in a tub with a cup of tea (or wine) and a book
- Vacation (tropical) in a bottle!
Thieves Household Cleaner is a safe, effective, plant based cleaner formulated with the powerful blend of Thieves.
Mix 1/2 oz with a spray bottle of water and clean #allthestuff. Really. Use it in every room, on every item in your home.
Ningxia Red – Google the benefits of wolfberries…Your welcome.
Throw your packet in the fridge! They are great cold, or even frozen.
Falling into the mid-afternoon slump? Drink it down for a healthy energy and antioxidant boost!
Tt has been HANDS DOWN one of the best decisions my household has made. That $160 investment….yes I said investment… into our overall wellness has paid back tenfold.
I can’t picture our lives without them. It’s just a quick trip to the drawer in our kitchen when there is a need that arises. It sure bets those middle of the night trips to the 24 hour joints. EVERYTHING!!!
- My son is feeling frazzled…grab the oils…VALOR!
- The crazy momma is coming out because I feel overwhelmed…grab the oils…White Angelica.
- The hubby does yard work and has some sore muscles…grab the oils…Panaway.
- My little on his having getting a restful night’s sleep…grab the oils…Cedarwood.
The toxic junk that is allowed to be sold in everyday products around the world is ridiculous. As I go along on this journey, the more I am learning that products I used to love are actually horrible for me.
US resident needs to check out the EWG website where you can look up the rating for your household.
Also another amazing tool is ThinkDirty app because it will rate your skin care and beauty products. (Sorry not sure about other countries due to laws regulated ingredients and label listings.)
READY start this journey toward non-toxic, more natural living, just click on The Power of Nature image above.
Too cleaner, safer products. –xo Carmen